Hi my loves! I hope you’re all doing well. I’ve been on my feet ever since I got back from my Bombay trip and I literally have had no time to rest, but hey! – I’m not complaining. If you follow me on IG (if you don’t, you should @abhitidudeja) you would know that my sister turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and she is also learning how to drive?! HOW CRAZY IS THAT? I know some of you might be thinking big deal, it’s just 18 but it’s a super big deal for my family and me because she is the most loved baby in our household. If any of you have younger siblings, I’m sure you feel me.
So, Anisha loves Mexican food and she is OBSESSED with Churros – so that’s where we came up with the idea of having a Mexican themed party! From there on out, mom and I were responsible for gettin’ this partay together. I’m going to be sharing a step-by-step plan on how we managed to pull off this party. Let me break it down for you!
To get started, these 3 things are crucial:
- Come up with a theme or a colour scheme – It’s not absolutely necessary to have one but it definitely makes decorating a whole lot easier.
- Put together a guest list so you have a rough idea of how many people you would expect.
- Last but not least, set a budget for the party!
When you have those 3 things done and dusted – it’s time to get down to business. For Anisha’s 18th, we went with a Mexican theme, 30 people and shortlisted a couple of Mexican restaurants in Dubai. Our first pick was La Tablita, cause obviously, they have the best churros in town! DUH! I contacted the manager, Isaac, and arranged a meeting where we spoke about where we could possibly have the party and picked menu items that we like and all that jazz. The manager and their head chef were SOOO helpful and understanding, they knew exactly what we wanted and were super flexible with our needs. We confirmed with them as soon as we ended the meeting. We picked one of the set menu options and customized it to our liking – it worked out perfectly. There was so much food that we were all in a food coma by the end of it and it was DELICIOUS.
Things that you need to have a Mexican Fiesta!
- One amazing hashtag – We came up with #LaFiestaDeAnisha
- A Piñata – ABSLOUTLEY NECESSARY! We got our cute little Llama from Party Zone. We looked at a couple of other places too, but we found cute Mexican themed ones at Party Zone (Beach Center Branch). It was reasonably priced at AED 100, and they had the blindfold as well as the buster stick. I think I paid around AED 130 for everything which isn’t bad at all.
- A photographer – One of my friends, recommended Ash, I loved how she captured every memory so well and she was super sweet with the girls as well. All her details are below.
- A photo booth – We did a DIY one, actually, my mom put it together but I like to take credit for it, like I always do. Mom did such an amazing job with it. She got the frame cut from a carpenter nearby and we bought a few fake flowers and stuck it on with a glue gun. Super simple and cost effective! For the background, I used the studio equipment that I use for my videos and attached a couple of ponchos (provided by La Tablita) to add that pop of colour.
- A birthday band for the birthday girl, I bought a couple of bits and bobs from this 1-10 Dirham store in Karama and put this ‘Flower Crown’ band for Ani. All you need is plain black hair band, a few flowers and a glue gun and put everything together.
- Fun Mexican inspired games – I would like to thank Jessica from La Tablita for doing such great job with hosting, she was amazing with the guests and definitely got the party started. We all did the Macarena and the limbo along with the piñata. It was the best part!
- FOOOOOODDD! – So so important for any party, we set an amazing menu in collaboration with La Tablita. We had quesadillas, fajitas, guacamole, nachos and a whole lotta CHURRROOOSSSS!
- Last but not least – A CAKE! – As usual, we went straight to our go-to place – SUGAHOLIC!!! We went in with a photo of a Mexican themed cake and we literally confirmed our order in 10 minutes and we were out of there. The staff at Sugaholic are so helpful and sweet! I love you guys! Thank you for the most amazing and delicious cake!
For #LaFiestaDeAnisha, we set aside two budgets, one for the place itself, which would include the food and DJ. The second budget was for the decoration + photographer +cake. I would say we set aside 1000-1500 Dirhams for decor and everything fit into that perfectly. For the restaurant, it purely depends on the prices they offer and how many people you have but if I had to give you an estimate, I would say set aside 5000 Dirhams.
Venue – La Tablita
Manager – Isaac // Email – email@example.com
Contact – 044551619
Piñata from Party Zone
The Beach Center
Total Price – 130 for Pinata, Stick and Blindfold.
Contact – 043448464
Photographer – Ash
Contact – 0508552449
Cake from Sugaholic
Cake Cost – AED 380
Delivery – AED 30
Total – AED 210
Contact – 043579333